2000trees Festivalis today (May 4th) pleased to announce its 4th full wave of bands for the huge 2016 event, happening over weekend of 7/8/9 July.
Bands announced TODAY, May 4th (and in no particular order):
and Cheap Meat
These awesome bands will join 2000trees Festival 2016 headliners
Twin Atlantic and Refused, as well as
(all already announced, and in no particular order):
Neck Deep, Moose Blood, The King Blues, WSTR, While She Sleeps, The Bronx, Lonely The Brave, Basement, Mallory Knox, Palm Reader, The Smith Street Band, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Heck,
The Xcerts, Counterfeit, Arcane Roots, Animals As Leaders, Yuck, Dinosaur Pile-Up, Black Peaks, Creeper, Milk Teeth, The Magic Gang, Recreations, Grumble Bee, Tired Lion, Blackhole, Brawlers, Zoax, WACO, John Coffey, Dead!, Crooks, Terrible Love, Max Raptor, Blood Youth, Kagoule, Trash Boat, Beasts, Black Foxxes, Muncie Girls, Tigercub, Press To Meco, The Ghost Riders In The Sky, Happy Accidents, Bellevue Days, Demob Happy, Reigning Days, Dave McPherson,, The, Spills, LIFE, Puppy, Then Thickens, NARCS, Bare Knuckle Parade and Jim Lockey
In addition to ALL of these acts, the festival has also announced a very special Xtra Mile stage, featuring acts from the legendary label (and birth place of acts like Frank Turner and Reuben), with performances from:
Beans on Toast, Crazy Arm, Ben Marwood, Rob Lynch, Oxygen Thief, The RPMs, Will Varley, Johnny Lloyd and Recreations
Formed way back in 1992 in Downpatrick, N. Ireland, ASH are without question one of the UK’s greatest modern day singles band, ever! Through their string of hit albums from 1977 (after the debut mini album Trailer) through to Calling All Angels and last years Kablammo!, their distinct knack of blending 3 (and later 4) piece rock guitars and highly addictive choruses saw the bands popularity sky rocket over the course of the last 3 decades. The band will be part of what will no doubt be the biggest sign alongs at this years 2000trees Festival. Now all together….
DO YOU REMEMBER THE TIME I KNEW A GIRL FROM MARS
London-via-Seaham quartet VANT will be hitting 2000trees Festival on a wave of interest and hype. Current single ‘FLY-BY ALIEN’ was added to the B list at Radio 1 after being named as Radio 1’s Track of the Day and Annie Mac’s Hottest Record in the World, and their recent London headline show was upgraded after the original date sold-out seven weeks in advance. For a band that are drawing positive comparisons with artists such as Pixies, Manic Street Preachers, The Strokes and DFA 1975, they will be a sure fire HIT at the festival this summer.
Following their reformation at Download Festival in 2014, British progressive metal forefathers SIKTH released their mini album ‘Opacities’ in December 2015 after joining forces with legendary UK metal label Peaceville. ‘Opacities’, their first new music since 2006’s Death of a Dead Day’, was released to critical acclaim with Kerrang exclaiming “The daddies are back. Prepare your ears to be assaulted by absolute aural chaos” and Rock Sound calling them ‘the unofficial comeback kings of 2015”. There’s will be one of the fiercest and most ferocious sets at the festival this year!
CHEAP MEAT, genre fusing Scottish 5 piece THE LAFONTAINES and the brilliant power pop punk band HEY! HELLO! featuring Ginger Wildheart.
SOME MORE INFO ON 2000trees Festival
– Beautiful site in the rolling Cotswold Hills
– Set across 9 onsite stages, including hidden away tents, stages and a stunningly set acoustic stage within a forest
– Silent disco from 11pm to 3am on two onsite stages
– Thursday night early entry night for super-fans (includes returning artists playing the Cave, Axiom & Forest plus comedy on the New Stage)
– VIP tickets offering boutique luxury camping, backstage access, watch a band of choice from side of stage, VIP bar to bump into artists
– Great high quality food traders and bars serving local craft drinks
– Great range of market street traders featuring products from around the globe
– HUGE games & entertainment area, onsite
– Family camping (plus children’s activities)
– Winner of the “Grass Roots Festival” award at the
UK Festival Awards 2010 & 2013
– Winner of the “Supporter of Emerging Talent” award at the Association of Independent Festivals Awards 2014
-Winner ‘A Greener Festival Award’
– Nominated for Best Small Festival 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 at the UK Festival Awards
– Finalist to win four awards at this winter’s UK Festival Awards in London
PREVIOUS ACTS/BANDS FROM 2000trees Festival:
– Frank Turner (2007) / Future of the Left (2008)
– Wild Beasts (2009)
– Twin Atlantic (2010) / Bombay Bicycle Club (2010) / Metronomy (2010)
– Pulled Apart By Horses (2010) / And So I Watch You From Afar (2010)
– The Xcerts (2010)
– George Ezra (2012) / Marmozets (2012) / Lucy Rose (2012)
– Luke Sital-Singh (2012)
– Slaves (2014) / Wolf Alice (2014) / Lonely the Brave (2014)
– Nothing But Thieves (2015)
AND – Alkaline Trio, Deaf Havana, Idlewild, Frightened Rabbit, Blood Red Shoes, The Bronx, Hundred Reasons, Band of Skulls, Young Guns, The Skints, Bury Tomorrow, Public Service Broadcasting, Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip, Gallows, Lower than Atlantis and MANY more
“A magnificent weekend” – Rocksound Magazine
“Top 10 small festivals” – The Guardian
“Diverse, intense, challenging, and down-right incredible music… truly extraordinary, long may it continue” – The Independent
For anymore information on 2000trees Festival any time with festival organiser James Scarlett, any images, video links or anything else, please contact Matt Hughes and/or Hayley Connolly at MHC Publicity.