PÆRISH will release their debut album ‘Semi-Finalists’ on December 2nd through their own 14 Bowls Of Cereal label
So then, who are PÆRISH?
Well, here’s a few quick facts for you, to get to know them better…
1. They are a 4-piece French band based in Paris, whose name is inspired by the character Alan Parrish in the film Jumanji and who (originally) formed at film school.
2. Their excellent debut album ‘Semi Finalists’ will be released on December 2nd in the UK and across Europe on the bands own label, 14 Bowls Of Cereal
3. Lead single ‘Undone’ has already had almost 3.3 million plays on Spotify…..yep….3.3 million! How has it done that i hear you ask, well… because the Spotify alternative and rock curators around the world love the song and have added it to almost every major rock playlist on Spotify. This coupled with the Spotify community embracing the song has led to the enormous amounts of plays. The most recent single “Partys Over Biff” landed on 16 New Music Friday playlists around the world, something not even Blink 182 accomplished with their first single.
4. KNDD/Seatlle, a famous alternative station helping to break bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden, was the first ever in America to play the band and ‘Undone’.
5. Listening to the record, you will hear influence from the likes of The Pixies and pre-grunge rock, Dinosaur Jr, The Smashing Pumpkins and Pavement, as well as Ride, shoe-gaze, My Bloody Valentine, math-rock and Biffy Clyro.
6. Lyrical themes on the album include family and friends, sadness and acceptance, wanting to fit in and trying to find your place in the world.
7. They have already toured with the likes of The Fall of Troy, Tiny Moving Parts, Mewithoutyou, The world is a beautiful place & I’m no longer afraid to die, Turnover, We Were Promised Jetpacks, No Devotion and many more.
8. They might well be the best band you have never heard of.
(OK, OK, so that last one is more opinion than fact, sure, but let’s go with it)
Check out ‘Undone’ below!
PÆRISH tour dates with Silversun PickUps:
Oct 25 La Maroquinerie – Paris, France
Oct 26 Het Depot – Leuven, Belgium
Oct 29 Jovel – Münster, Germany
Oct 31 Pumpehuset – Copenhagen, Denmark
Nov 01 Columbiatheatre – Berlin, Germany
Nov 03 Flex – Vienna, Austria
Nov 04 Theatrefabrik – Munich, Germany
Nov 06 Wardrobe – Leeds, United Kingdom
Nov 07 Institute 2 – Digbeth, United Kingdom
Nov 08 Club Academy – Manchester, United Kingdom
Nov 09 Electric Ballroom – London, United Kingdom
Nov 10 Thekla – Bristol, United Kingdom