Catfish and the Bottlemen add MORE UK ARENA SHOWS to hectic international schedule and celebrate the release of third album: The Balance
OUT NOW on Island Records
New UK Dates On Sale: Fri 3 May, 10am
Ticket information: www.catfishandthebottlemen.com
Defining undimmed ambition as the flag bearers for energetic, arena-filling alternative rock, Catfish and the Bottlemen mark the release of their third album, The Balance – OUT NOW on Island Records – by announcing additional UK dates to follow a string of nationwide sell outs, summer festival headline dates and international appearances.
Their third album after a wait of almost three years, following 2014’s The Ride and 2016’s The Balcony(selling over one million copies between them), The Balance hits the playlists of a growing, ceaselessly passionate community of young fans worldwide. The response to recent singles, including Longshot (achieving 30 million streams and counting), has only fanned the flames of expectation. It’s when the band and their fans meet in supercharged performance that the Catfish phenomenon becomes boisterously apparent and four new UK arena dates are announced to meet ever increasing demand for tickets.
The band heads ‘home’ to their heartlands in the north of England with the following new dates going on-sale on Fri 3 May at 10am. Fans can get pre-sale access by buying The Balance via www.catfishandthebottlemen.com
- Mon 4 Nov 2019 Birmingham, Birmingham Arena
- Tue 5 Nov 2019 Newcastle, Utilita Arena
- Sun 10 Nov 2019 Liverpool, M&S Bank Arena
- Mon 11 Nov 2019 Leeds, First Direct Arena
Beyond British and Irish shores, Catfish and the Bottlemen’s global appeal stokes excitement within and surrounding the band for just how far their music can take them. With some Mexican fans having gone as far as starting a petition to secure a Catfish live date there, the band pencils in a date at Mexico City’s El Plaza Condesa on Tue 4 June before a busy summer looms with a visit to Denmark for Roskilde Festival(Sat 6 June), five further Australian dates including Byron Bay’s Splendour in the Grass Festival (Sat 20 July) and a return to Japan as second stage headliners for the Summer Sonic Festival held in Osaka (Fri 16 Aug) and Tokyo (Sat 17 Aug).
Increasing demand from audiences throughout North America prompted Catfish and the Bottlemen to add a June extension to their US touring plans, including shows in Toronto, Detroit and Boston. No strangers to thrilling nights in the open air back home, Catfish return for UK festival headline slots at Citadel Festival, London and TRNSMT, Glasgow. All previously announced Catfish and the Bottlemen UK, Ireland and European tour dates for 2019 are:
- Sun 28 Apr 2019 Galway, Leisureland – SOLD OUT
- Tue 30 Apr 2019 Dublin, The Olympia Theatre – SOLD OUT
- Thu 2 May 2019 Brighton, Brighton Centre – SOLD OUT
- Sat 4 May 2019 Coventry, Ericsson Indoor Arena – SOLD OUT
- Sun 5 May 2019 Cardiff, Motorpoint Arena – SOLD OUT
- Tue 7 May 2019 Sheffield, FlyDSA Arena
- Wed 8 May 2019 Manchester, Manchester Arena – SOLD OUT
- Mon 13 May 2019 Madrid, La Riviera
- Tue 14 May 2019 Barcelona, Razzmatazz
- Thu 16 May 2019 Milan, Alcatraz
- Sat 18 May 2019 Berlin, Huxleys Neue Welt
- Mon 20 May 2019 Amsterdam, Melkweg – SOLD OUT
- Sun 26 May 2019 Middlesbrough, BBC Radio One’s Big Weekend
- Sat 6 July 2019 Roskilde, Roskilde Music Festival
- Sat 13 July 2019 Glasgow, TRNSMT Festival
- Sun 14 July 2019 London, Citadel Festival
- Sat 3 Aug 2019 Cork, Indie19 Festival
- Mon 12 Aug 2019 Budapest, Sziget Festival
The Balance was recorded by Van McCann (vocals, guitars), Johnny Bond (guitars), Robert ‘Bob’ Hall (drums) and Benji Blakeway (bass) over a 12-month period in the company of Irish producer, Jacknife Lee, in two secluded studios; Grouse Lodge, in Moate, Republic of Ireland, and The Chapel in the countryside of East Lincolnshire. The album was mixed by Craig Silvey.
For further announcements on new music, live dates and to sign up for mailing list updates connect with Catfish and the Bottlemen at: